Content Audits and Plans
Assess your content’s ability to generate leads
The quality of the content you make, and the ease with which people access this content determines how they perceive your product. Quality leads are brought in by quality content. If you oversee development of your site’s content, it’s important to know for certain that your content can win over prospects.
- Not only is it important to cover the topics your prospect wants to know about, you must figure out if that will bring in enough traffic to achieve the funnel volumes you set out as your goal.
- In spite of all the blog and sales page content you make, there can be ‘Gaps,’ such as product/service pages that do not have any educational content or case studies to accompany them.
- You should make use of Google Analytics data you have. But you would rather spend your team’s available time on creating content, not analyzing your data.
An Audit Tells you Where you Stand
A content audit looks at the following:
- Format. Would text engage better if it were packaged as a Video. Would a Data Table work better as an Infographic.
- Internal links. These can point the reader to related marketing materials.
- Promotion. Does it have enough lead-generating potential to merit paid social, paid search as well as organic traffic.
- Offers. Are there calls-to-action that are appropriate for prospects at every buying stage.
- Performance. See which pages and post content brings in qualified leads (this goes beyond SEO audits that look at only at what is searched for).
- Coverage. Does the existing content cover all areas the prospect cares about. Is there greater content around the most searched for topics. This comparison produces a table of content gaps, which are as noticeable on your website as holes are in swiss cheese.
A Plan to Put Findings into Action
A content plan benefits you with:
- Material for drip emails, triggered email sequences and landing pages. In some cases, we work to produce specialized website forms that intelligently segment and qualify leads.
- Content on your landing pages that’s ready to test and see how high a conversion rate it can achieve.
- A map for making content along the entire buyer’s journey.
Contact Us to get content that wins over prospects.