Fifty years ago, Author and Ad Age writer Bob Stone gave a framework for direct marketing funnels: list, offer, creative. Digital Marketing has variants of thee original elements (traffic, conversion, experience) while adding two others.
Our founder Glenn Schmelzle made a five-part series on the Funnel Reboot podcast that covers these five elements that every funnel needs to have. Here are links to each audio episode:
- Traffic – The channels used to acquire visitors to your site. Some channels, notably paid ones, can be dialed up/down according to your needs
- Infrastructure – Analytics that need to be in place to know how visitors interact with your site – listen or view episode shownotes
- Conversion – Actions visitors take on your site to express their interest in you – listen or view episode shownotes
- Experience – The content that causes visitors to take interest in you
- Management – The dashboard of metrics by which your funnel’s success is measured – listen or view episode shownotes
In all, the five podcasts make up about an hour and a half of listening-time. For brevity, each of the links above point to detailed shownotes, containing the main concepts and linking to any people or products mentioned in that episode.
Putting the first letters of the five elements together spells ‘Tic Em.’ You might say that as you create each funnel element, you can tic ’em off your list!
To stay up-to-date on Funnel Reboot episodes, add the podcast to the mobile app of your choice. It’s available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify as well as iHeartRadio.