Code of Ethics
For every client we engage with, Marketing What’s New is bound to all the legal obligations of a corporate contract. As a service provider in an industry that has had its share of ethical crises, we believe in committing ourselves not only to legal standards but to ethical standards as well. Here are our standards of practice:
- We will never run advertising for you that we wouldn’t do for ourselves. Specifically:
- On sites that are controversial or a brand wouldn’t want to be attached to. Such sites includes those whose content is exclusively political, adult-oriented, or relates to illegal activities.
- We will never set ad targeting to run in countries that are notorious for using illegitimate means with the express purpose of consuming budget. As an example, we exclude Russia, China, Indonesia, Iraq, Thailand and Nigeria from campaigns.
- We will never, as your agency, buy clicks that we know to come from bots or pay a cost-per-click in excess of an agreed-to threshold that goes contrary to a brief or proposal.
- We will never add people to your ad audiences or buy social followers. We will only reach audiences you or your site’s traffic provides to us.
- We will not make modifications to your website without informing you first.
- Use any advertising that makes any false or exaggerated claims about your offering or that doesn’t further your business objectives.
- We will not advertise to consumers who have actively opted-out of seeing ads.
- We respect privacy policies and editorial guidelines set out by the platforms we use. We will not undertake any practices to circumvent them.